1. I got period blood on my towel when I got out of the shower and used it to wrap around my hair remembering how clean the blood really is.
2. Sometimes I eat so much food I get so full I pretend that I'm pregnant. I walk around the house holding my belly.
3. The rising church. Well, that's painfully obvious.
4. Emergencee and cigarettes taste like a bad pastry.
5. I wondered if we could walk side by side more together: hot dog poem
6. Eruption PTSD Fun point You're in charge Xfiles
7. I am a monster to feel good
Klaus and I in the kitchen
When I was taking a smoke break at work and found glitter all over the ground
A picture I took while on a date when I went to the bathroom
Me and my cat, Klaus
Some serious self-indulgence
Some kind of dinner I made and thought looked scrumptious
A photograph of myself in my grandfather's bedroom
lauren whitacre is an artist and musician from chicago who recently moved to kansas city to complete her undergraduate degree at the ripe old age of 27. she went to columbia college chicago from 2009-2010 and studied fiction writing and photography. from 2009-2015 she formed the band sister crystals and recorded an EP, little bits, and a self-titled LP that was released on walk-in records. she was also a member of the DIY venue and record label feeltrip that hosted bands and artists in a warehouse near chinatown in chicago. now she's making photographs and short stories and is studying both these mediums at the kansas city art institute. lauren's work revolves around the ideas of failed partnerships, absence, the celebration of intimacy in womanhood and thoughts around death and dying. her photographic works are primarily slideshows that are accompanied by soundtracks.